It’s Just Flava
Pineapple is a tropical fruit known to pack a punch due to its high content of alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) and bromelain enzymes that help to gently exfoliate and brighten the skin. According to the Global New Products Database (GNPD), its appearance in new global facial skincare launches doubled in the last three years.²
In addition to its ability to gently exfoliate the skin, pineapple is packed with Vitamin C, which is sought after by users looking to reduce dark spots and fight hyperpigmentation caused by acne and other types of inflammation.
Pineapple extract - Ananas Sativus – can be used in bar soap, moisturizers, serums, masks, body washes, and other rinse-off or leave-off formulations that are targeted towards brightening and smoothing the skin.
Citrus fruit get all of the glory for their high Vitamin C content, but strawberries actually have more of this powerhouse vitamin than oranges do. Strawberries are also rich in Vitamin E, antioxidants, and quercetin, which help protect the skin from pollution, reduce inflammation, and promote collagen production.⁴
Strawberry fruit extract and strawberry seed oil can both be featured in skincare and bar soap products, and by using all parts of this popular plant, brands can focus on waste reduction and upcycling storyfor their product. These ingredients are also rich in omega fatty oils, helping to keep skin hydrated and supple.⁵
Flesh of the watermelon contains 92% water, making it the perfect addition to hydration skin care. The other 8% of the plant is very nourishing, as well, with exfoliating citrulline and anti-inflammatory lycopene. Watermelon is easily recognizable and lends itself to fun personal care products due to its bright color and associated fragrances, which is why use of the green and pink fruit has doubled in global skincare launches over the last 5 years.⁹